If you received a court notice you are scheduled for virtual court and are required to appear for the session. You will be able to privately speak with the Prosecutor during the court session.
If you arrive after 5:00 pm you must click here to watch the opening statement before joining the virtual courtroom.
Court session will remain virtual until further notice.
There are 2 ways to enter the court session:
- ZOOM: Clicking on "court session" click on the link for Zoom below.
**Be sure to use your proper name when signing in**.
- TELEPHONE: use the phone number provided in the court session in the red box. There are several to choose from any one will work.
You will need to enter the web ID number provided then press #, then it will ask for the participant number which is just the # sign; then you will be in the court sesison.
What to do after your court appearance:
The Judge will discuss with you your payment options. If you were given fines in the Municipal Court and would like to pay over the phone, please call the court office at 732-286-6000 X 121. We accept all major credit cards. If a time payment is needed we will forward that Order to you. You will be directed to call the office after your court appearance.
Per AOC rules, audio and video recording of the proceedings are strictly prohibited. If you would like a copy of the proceeding, you can fill out a judiciary request form which can be found at New Jersey Courts on line.
There are multiple ways of joining a virtual court session, each with different requirements:
- PC/Mac Laptop or desktop - will require a browser which will run Zoom Meeting as needed. A Microphone and video camera are required.
- Smart Phone - install the Zoom Cloud Meetings app and allow access to your camera and microphone.
- Call in - You can dial into the proceeding and appear by phone. Dialing *9 during the conference call will raise your hand if you are called for attendance.
Keys to a successful Zoom virtual Court Appearance:
- Set up in a closed room with no noise or other people.
- Connect to the meeting using your real real first and last name on the display so the court staff know you are ready with your case.
- Be sure to allow any connections to audio or video by "Zoom"
- If you are not successful with video call the phone number listed with the link (red box) to be able to have a audio hearing.
- If you show up 30 minutes early someone will be available to test prior to you appearance.
The following actions are temporarily disabled as part of the court functions:
- Delinquent Time Payment Notices;
- Proposed Suspension Notices;
- Final Collection Notices
- No cases will go to close out (Suspension) to DMV;
- No FTA will be reported to DMV
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and law of the United States and this State.
Sessions Presided Over
The Honorable Damian G. Murray presides over the Beachwod Township Municipal Court. Court sessions are the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays Beginning at 5:00 pm.
The Beachwood Municipal Court also provides Citizen Dispute Resolution Sessions wherein services are provided by trained volunteer mediators. Mediation sessions are held as needed. Many citizen matters are successfully resolved without the necessity of a trial.
The mission of court is to efficiently and expeditiously adjudicate all cases filed within our jurisdiction while providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to effectively, fairly and efficiently provide service to this community.