The Beachwood Governing Body has decided to change the date of Halloween Trick or Treat to Saturday, October 31st. Trick or Treat should take place between the hours of 2pm and 8pm. This decision was made after discussion with our police Chief and our surrounding communities in order to try and be consistent with each other and provide a safe and fun day for our residents.
We realize this year is an unusual year due to the COVID pandemic, but want to leave the choice to trick-or-treat up to the individual families in our community.
For residents who plan to trick-or-treat, we ask that you wear a mask or face covering in accordance with CDC guidelines, practice proper social distancing, carry hand sanitizer and be respectful of those who choose not to participate.
For residents who want to participate in providing treats please leave your porch lights on.
Residents who do not want to participate are encouraged to turn off their front light, close their front door and/or place a sign in front of their house.
We advise parents to accompany children, always carry a flashlight for safety, stay as close to the side of the roads as possible and only go to houses where the porch lights are on.
As always please drive cautiously through our streets especially on Halloween.
Also please remember that the official curfew in Beachwood on October 30th and October 31st is 9pm.
Thank you, be safe and enjoy Halloween.
GENERAL ELECTION NEWS
Please be advised that at the General Election held on November 3, 2020 will be another Mail In Ballot election as per the Governor of the State of New Jersey.
The Ocean County Board of Elections and the Ocean County Clerks Office have set up Mail-In-Ballot Drop Boxes throughout Ocean County.
The Beachwood location is:
1. BEACHWOOD LIBRARY 126 BEACHWOOD BLVD. BEACHWOOD, NJ 08722
If you can not get to the Beachwood location then please feel free to use any of the below locations:
2. BARNEGAT LIBRARY 112 BURR STREET BARNEGAT, NJ 08005
3. BERKELEY LIBRARY 30 STATION ROAD BAYVILLE, NJ 08721
4. BRICK MUNICIPAL BUILDING 401 CHAMBERS BRIDGE ROAD BRICK, NJ 08723
5. JACKSON LIBRARY 2 JACKSON DRIVE JACKSON, NJ 08527
6. LACEY LIBRARY 10 E. LACEY ROAD FORKED RIVER, NJ 08731
7. LAVALLETTE LIBRARY (UPPER SHORES) 112 JERSEY CITY AVENUE LAVALLETTE, NJ 08735
8. LITTLE EGG HARBOR LIBRARY 290 MATHISTOWN ROAD LITTLE EGG HARBOR, NJ 08087
9. LONG BEACH ISLAND LIBRARY 217 S. CENTRAL AVENUE SURF CITY, NJ 08008
10. MANCHESTER LIBRARY 21 COLONIAL DRIVE MANCHESTER, NJ 08759
11. NORTHERN OCEAN COUNTY RESOURCE CENTER 225 4TH STREET LAKEWOOD, NJ 08701
12. OCEAN COUNTY PARKING GARAGE 3RD FLOOR LEVEL - MADISON AVENUE TOMS RIVER, NJ 08754
13. PIC INC OF OCEAN COUNTY 1959 ROUTE 9 TOMS RIVER, NJ 08755
14. POINT PLEASANT LIBRARY 834 BEAVER DAM ROAD POINT PLEASANT, NJ 08742
15. OCEAN COUNTY SOUTHERN SERVICE CENTER 179 SOUTH MAIN STREET MANAHAWKIN, NJ 08050
16. TOMS RIVER LIBRARY 101 WASHINGTON STREET TOMS RIVER, NJ 08754
17. WHITING READING CENTER/LIBRARY 400 LACEY ROAD, SUITE #5 WHITING, NJ 08759
You may also return your Mail-In-Ballot at your polling location on the day of the election. The Governor of the State of New Jersey has also required towns to limit their actual polling locations on Election Day.
Districts 1,2, 3 and 5 will vote at Mayo Park located at 518 Bayside Avenue, while Districts 4, 6 and 7 will vote at the Municipal Complex located at 1600 Pinewald Road, Beachwood, NJ 08722.
If you have any question regarding your polling location Please contact the Municipal Clerks Office at 732-286-6000 ext. 213
Please be advised that due to the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic the Borough of Beachwood regrets to announce the cancellation of the Free Rabies Clinic Scheduled for November 7, 2020. The Borough was unable to ascertain a veterinarian.
**On or about 3/23/2020 New Jersey Natural Gas’ contractor will mobilize to renew gas main on Route 9 in Beachwood. This long term construction will occur from 7 pm - 6 am and services will not be affected. Please be mindful of work zones which may require lane shifts and occasional alternating traffic. For additional information please contact NJNG’s customer service line at 800-221-0051.**
As residents we all share a common vision. We want our community to be thought of as the best place to live and raise a family and have it represented in a positive friendly manner. I believe that Beachwood is the best place to live and raise a family.
Our goal as Beachwood's elected official is, has been and will continue to be, to represent our community positively and to act on initiatives that will keep Beachwood both successful and strong in years to come.
One way that you too can impact your community is to get involved by volunteering. It is truly one of the best ways to join in shaping the future of the town in which we live and raise our children and grandchildren. Volunteering, allows everyone to play a key role in shaping the social atmosphere as well as giving you a feeling of pride and ownership in your community.